Monday, January 23, 2012

More on webpages

I was having a bit of a problem getting a viable web page up and running before. Our campus's document sharing system (Xythos) seemed to be working, but the webpages I was making just weren't functioning well. I had been using Microsoft Publisher 2007.
I then tried using Adobe Illustrator, but that ended up not being too easy to use, I could get a layout setup and create slices, but I really have no idea how to work it as html, all I had were images.

Then I found out about KompoZer, which is a 'what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) editor. I've been able to get a two-page website up and running. It's really uninteresting right now, and exceptionally plain. I suspect that the coding is excessive for such a simple site too. But, now at least I have something I can work with:
https://wfs.gc.cuny.edu/rschenck/www/index.html

No comments: