Sunday, October 18, 2009

Getting Ready For GEOPORT

Getting ready today for the Geological Society of America (GSA) annual meeting in Portland, Oregon. My flight leaves tonight; I'll show up late tonight and start hitting up the presentations Monday morning. I had hoped to attend a post meeting field trip, exploring the Terroir of the Columbia gorge, however that trip is full. I emailed the trip leader, a professor at Portland University, in the hopes that there is a wait list for openings, so I will have to see how that goes. Pretty busty weekend actually, since I just got back from a trip to the Poconos. It was a friend's birthday, so we went up Friday to stay the weekend. My attendance at this meeting is being sponsored through I small grant I obtained through our Union Professional Development fund.

No comments: