Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Environmental Commitment?

I just found out how committed to the environment I am. Its around 10 feet.
I got out of my car, and I had two styrofoam coffee cups, one was from the day before and it had today's sitting inside of it. It slid off and hit the ground. Today is pretty windy. It sat there for a second as I was thinking, 'crap, this is going to be a hassle'. It starts bouncing away, I chase after it a bit and then just let it go after about ten feet.
So that's how 'committed' to the environment I am. Actually, I suppose if I really cared, I wouldn't be using a styrofoam cup in the first place.

In fact, if I consider this a little more, it wasn't that 10 feet was too far. If the thing had been blown further and just sat there, I like to at least think I'd've gotten it. But it was in part that I don't think I was going to catch the thing, and also because I looked pretty ridiculous, hunched over trying to grab it, trying to step on it, just waiting to slip on the ice. So I guess I will 'help' the environment a little bit, as long as its not pointless and I don't look stupid.
Guess that mean's I won't get a SmartCar anytime soon too.

No comments: