Monday, September 10, 2007

Attempts at Organization

Today I attempted to organize S302 a little better, unfortunately I still don't have permission to move around too many of the larger items in there. I had hoped to get to assemble the lap-table today too, but there is some question of whether or not I should be doing that or standing by for any SEM issues. Clarification is pending.

Spoke with Prof. Ericco a bit today, seems like he has pretty much got things handled in terms of his EPS38 lab and Astronomy lab. I mentioned the Enrichment Cluster Astronomy course, he seemed bemused by the idea of inductive learning.

I was able to sort through the five overhead projectors that we have in the prep room, and pick out one new-ish and functioning one to set aside for our section. I don't think that anyone actually uses overheads in the department anyway, no one that I've talked to does. I'm just waiting now on confirmation that I can get rid of the remaining four. There's a lot of wasted space in the prep room, it could become pretty functional with some effort. Apparently the person here before me went through a real herculean effort to get it to this level, so I can be thankful for that.

SEM 'school' has become a priority, so I will definitely be going to that. Should be interesting. I think that starting next week, since there's a long break in classes this week, I will be logging in a lot of co-pilot time at the SEM.

I didn't get in touch with the people organizing the CollegeNow Oceanography program, left a message at their number though. I will have to just bring in the syllabus tomorrow and see what happens.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: