Friday, April 28, 2006

Update

My access to this blog was down for a while. I had given up on it, but I see that I have access again. Thats nice.

The foraminiferal project has been interesting. I have prepared a small poster on it, and will be doing a prresentation on it in the near future. I will say one thing though, I noted below that they can move around a little bit within the water column, thats what most of the literature says about them.

However, I have discoved an entirely new form of foraminiferal locomotion, saltation!

Because every time I'd try to move one of the things around with the brush, *SPRING*, they'd jump all over the place!

I am also now looking into doing some more research. I have a few possibilities right now, some biogeochemical research might be possible, or some paleontological studies might also open up. I probably won't be doing any more work with forams in the near future. They're actualy really interesting little creatures, but it seems like that sort of research won't take me in the directions I am looking to go right now.

No comments: